You are a citizen (passport holder) of a Schengen region country.

2. Obtaining your visa: you need no visa and can simply register your local address with the Immigration Office once in Hungary. The BSM office will help you with that.

WARNING: To enjoy this privilege you must enter the Schengen zone with your eligible passport. That is, if you have e.g. a double citizenship and thus a US passport as well, you may leave (and later enter) the US with that passport, but use your EU passport when entering the Schengen zone, otherwise you will be registered at the entry point as a US citizen and will be required to go through the same process as US citizens are required.

3. After your arrival in Hungary: as required by law, you MUST apply for the Residence Permit (and register your local address) with the Immigration Office within 30 days of your arrival. The BSM Hungarian office will assist you, but we expect your full cooperation.

Once you have your residence permit, you might travel with that freely within the Schengen region, independently whether you are an EU citizen, US or Canadian citizen or are required to get a visa to enter Hungary. BE AWARE, though, that some of the neighbouring countries that are rather popular with past BSM students, such as Croatia, Serbia, Romania, UK, Russia or Turkey, are NOT in the Schengen region, and though you may freely return from those countries, you MAY NEED A VISA TO ENTER those countries. Check with their consulates in Budapest.