The following courses are offered by the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education program.
You can take any of their classes for a truly Hungarian experience, and as many as you want. This is in addition to the 5-math-course-limit imposed by BSM (i.e. you do not have to pay extra if your 6th etc course is a BSME course). The courses are offered in the same building as the BSM courses.
Please, note that due to the educational component of these courses
- should you need it, you will receive a separate BSME transcript for which you may have to pay extra, (you can get a "BSME Grade report sheet" free of charge),
- you will have to find out individually at your home institution, if and what credit you will receive for completing these courses.
For a full list of classes offered by BSME click here.
Send an email to Réka Szász, director of the BSME program at email@example.com if you are interested in taking any of these courses.
We have good relations with the Aquincum Institute of Technology that is a similar program to ours, geared at students of Computer Science. According to our agreement with AIT, you can take up to one of their courses. The courses are offered on their campus and it takes about 45 minutes from BSM to get there.
Please, note that should you decide to enroll in a course at AIT
- we cannot accommodate for scheduling conflicts with AIT courses;
- you will have to find out individually at your home institution, if and what credit you will receive for completing an AIT course;
- you will receive a separate AIT transcript for your course for which you have to pay extra.
For a full list of their courses click here.
Send an email to Dezso at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you are interested in taking any AIT courses.
Finally, you can take up to one course at McDaniel College (apart from the cross-listed ones) which is a completely separate program from Budapest Semesters in Mathematics. However, since McDaniel College is located in the same building as BSM and since by a special agreement you can take their courses free of charge, you may be interested in enrolling in one of their courses such as their PE or Fitness class or any other class as a recreation. Prior BSM students enrolled in classes such as yoga and salsa dance before and they enjoyed their recreation and the opportunity to meet other people.
For a full list of classes offered by McDaniel College click here.
Note however that
- McDaniel students have priority in enrolling in McDaniel classes;
- you will receive no grade or transcript for these classes.